Beware Of The Friend Zone

 What happens when you pour water on a rock? Literally nothing happens right?... But if you pour water on a rock time after time, the rock eventually changes.

Okay, now here is a confession when I was a kid I loved eating meat and all my friends did too because meat was a favorite dish and vegetarians I hated because life is too short not to enjoy meat until one day something crazy happened I found a girl online and I liked her I took her on a date and all of a sudden she says I'm vegetarian I thought to myself crap I like this girl but eating out with her is going to be difficult day after day after day we would go on dates and she would order avocado and I would order steak and she would whisper "Vegetarian is the best".

I disagree she ate her own and I ate mine but her small influence on my food was like water hitting my rock and after hundreds of meals and hundreds of waves my rock started changing and one day I
woke up and realized that I no longer eat meat I was shocked I don't know why I stopped because I love steak but when all my friends and my best friend eat vegetables day after day after day I gave in and changed my diet you might think this blog is about food but it's really not it's bigger than that this blog is about the people around you because they change and shape you in ways that you cannot control if your group of friends drink alcohol you will eventually drink alcohol if your closest friends are athletic you will become athletic if your closest friends want to succeed in life you will succeed in life even if you're a rock and your friends are water sooner or later they will change you for better or for worse it actually goes both ways.


I stopped eating meat because of my friends but the bigger picture here is that you should be careful who your closest friends are because sooner or later you will become them

No comments:

Post a Comment